The Math Learning Centre is hiring Math Peer Tutors. This is a paid position.
Job Title: Math Peer Tutors (Progress/Ashtonbee/Morningside)
Number of Positions: 6
Job Description: Tutoring introductory and intermediate level Math to first and second year students.
Duties will include but not limited to:
* Tutoring students, individually or in groups, in a variety math courses such as technical, computer, business, nursing and/or statistics courses in the Math Drop-in Centre
* Promoting the Learning Centre services to students and faculty through class visits, discussions with faculty, departments and college events, and distribution of marketing material
* Administrative duties as required
* Completion of mandatory Orientation and Tutor training sessions
* Must be a currently enrolled Centennial College student in good academic standing
* Above average grades in Centennial College Math courses (B+ or higher)
* Undergraduate degree in a math-related field (preferred)
* Demonstrated tutoring skills and facilitation skills
* Ability to work independently in one-on-one and group instructional settings
* Excellent oral communication and fluency in English
* Patience, good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills essential
Hours of Work: 10 hours/week, days and times will vary
Location: Progress/Ashtonbee/Morningside campuses
Rate of Pay: $12.00/hour
Application deadline: ASAP until filled
How to Apply:
Follow and complete all of the following steps to apply for this position.
1. Apply online: https://library.centennialcollege.ca/learningcentre/becomeatutor. In the “Experience” field, please indicate that you are applying for position: MTHPRO-001 (for Progress) and/or MTHASH-001 (for Ashtonbee) and/or MTHMORN-001 (for Morningside).
2. Email a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “MTHPRO-001” (for Progress) and/or MTHASH-001 (for Ashtonbee) and/or MTHMORN-001 (for Morningside).
*NOTE: Please submit your application and resume once. Any inquiries will not receive a response and any duplications will be deleted. Only successful candidates will be contacted.