Study spaces in the Library
• There are four student group study rooms and two tech studios that can be pre-booked for group work. The tech studios have presentation equipment for your use. All rooms include data connections (ethernet), electrical outlets and whiteboards. Whiteboard markers may be borrowed at the circulation desk.
• At the back of the Library, a silent study room contains carrels for individual study. Each carrel has an electrical outlet, and six carrels near the window also have ethernet connections. This light-filled room is the quietest spot in the Library.
• Tables equipped with computers or electrical outlets for laptops and other devices are located throughout the Library.
• There is soft seating near the periodicals and magazines shelf. Students are invited to sit and engage in quiet conversation.
• The Library Computer Lab is available for student use and also Library classes.
Study spaces elsewhere on campus
• The Forum at the entrance of the Library has tables and kiosks with computers and soft seating with electrical outlets.
• The staircase leading The Hub has metal benches on large concrete steps. There are electrical outlets in this area.
• Directly outside the cafeteria, there are a couple of counters with chairs and nearby are a few benches. Given the activity level ranges from medium to high most times, this area is a great social space. Electrical outlets and ethernet connections are available at the counters.
• There is an area located on the mezzanine level (outside the auditorium) with study carrels and counters with chairs. The counters are equipped with electrical outlets and ethernet connections. Directly adjacent to this space is an open-concept computer lab with counters, chairs, desktop computers, a couple of study carrels, and a round table with several chairs. The overall area can be either quiet or noisy depending on the level of activity nearby or in the lab itself.
• The Student Association building has a coffee table, couches, and chairs in its lounge for casual meetings, conversation, and/or study (depending on the level of activity!). There is also a ‘multipurpose room' that has two large tables with chairs that can be used for group work or study.
• Throughout the buildings, there are benches that can be used for individual or group study/work or casual conversation.
Wireless Internet access is available throughout the buildings. Bring your laptop or borrow one from the Library.