Centennial Libraries and Learning Centres are here to support you
Update on Library Services and Operations
Visit this page for regular updates on Library services and operations during the COVID-19 closures.
Centennial Libraries are open for study, computer use and in-person browsing. All campus library spaces will be open Monday to Friday, varying hours.
To help create a safe return to campus, all College health & safety protocols will be observed in all Library spaces.
Access to online resources is available 24/7.
Library & Learning Centre Services
Use the library to:
* Access quiet study tables and spaces. Seating will be limited.
* Use computers on a first-come, first-served basis
* Use the photocopiers and printers
* Book a study room. Rooms can only be used by either individuals or groups.
* Browse the shelves and borrow items including books, board games & emerging technology equipment
Borrowing from the Library
Library items can be returned to the library desk at each campus library during hours of operation. Library items can also be returned to any of the book drop-boxes at each campus entrance between 7am - 7pm any day of the week. Unable to come to campus? Contact us to discuss other return options.
Exceptions include equipment such as iPad & laptops:
iPads should be returned to the campus library from which they were originally borrowed. To avoid damage or loss, return iPads directly to library staff during open hours.
If you borrowed a laptop from the College, contact email@example.com to arrange for it to be returned or login to the I.T. Knowledge base for step-by-step instructions.
As a library user, you are responsible for all material borrowed and are subject to overdue fines and any charges for lost or damaged materials. If you have unpaid fines of $10 or more, you cannot borrow or renew items.
For current Library fines or fees, you can make payments over the phone using a credit card, or in person with a credit or debit card (minimum $5), myCard, or cash. For a list of fines by item, refer to our Borrowing policy.
Refer to the Returns & Fines section on our FAQ page for additional information.
We will continue many of our supports online such as:
Virtual appointments for Tutoring, Study Skills and Math Help can be booked online.
Book a Peer Tutor to clear up any coursework confusion, connect with one of our Learning Strategists to start your semester off strong or find support at the Math Drop-in Centre. Once your appointment is booked, the facilitator will email you directly with further instructions and details.
Join our Learning Strategists at the Virtual Study Hall!
Find a safe and positive online space for yourself for some dedicated quiet study time. While you're there, connect with a Learning Strategist for a study habits "tune-up" or start from scratch and rev up your studying to the next level.
* askON Research chat service – chat online with Library staff to get research help with term papers, assignments and other academic projects.
* Find a Library Research Guide specifically for your program or course assignments to jumpstart your research.
* Check out our extensive collection of video tutorials on making the most of your online research. Be sure to like & subscribe!
* Contact a librarian or sign up online for personalized 1-1 teaching or research help.
Discover the many online resources available:
* eBook Databases – Thousands of titles available for you to read online.
* "Search the Library Collections" search box - Type your topic into the search box to find articles, Open Access resources or videos.
* Course Reserves - Course reserves are class reading material available from the Library.
We will continue to fulfill any Interlibrary Loan (ILLO) requests for digital material to the best of our abilities and as per Copyright Law.
Online Tech Support @ the Library
Looking for help with software or applications like eCentennial, myCentennial, Microsoft Office and videoconferencing software? Explore our Tech Support library guide to walk you through the process.
And remember, we are here to help. Contact us! All Library and Learning Centre staff are available and ready to serve you. We are monitoring all of our services throughout the day and are available to answer your questions.
From all of the staff at the Libraries and Learning Centre, we thank you for your patience and resiliency during these unprecedented times. Please check the Libraries & Learning Centres and College websites for regular updates.