Centennial Libraries and Learning Centres are here to support you
Update on Library Services and Operations
Visit this page for regular updates on Library services and operations during the COVID-19 closures.
Centennial Libraries are open for study, computer use and in-person browsing. You can pick up library books in person or have them mailed directly to your home.
Please make sure you complete all of the College’s safety requirements before you head to campus.
To help create a safe return to campus, all College health & safety protocols will be observed in all Library spaces.
All campus library spaces will be open 8:30am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday, with the exception of Thursday September 30 and Monday October 11.
Library & Learning Centre Services
Visit the Library to:
• Access quiet study tables and spaces. Seating will be limited.
• Use computers on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Use the photocopiers and printers.
• Book a study room. Rooms can only be used by 1 person at a time.
• Browse the shelves and borrow items including books, board games & emerging technology equipment.
Borrowing from the Library
In-person borrowing of library books & emerging technology equipment will resume in September 2021. For remote learners, check out our new mail delivery book service. More information can be found in our Borrowing policy.
The library is not lending iPads or laptops. If you need a device, Chromebooks are available for students through IT’s Device Loan Program.
If you have a Library item from before the closure or borrowed through the Grab & Go Pick-up service, please return your item at any of the book drop-boxes at each campus entrance between 7am - 7pm any day of the week. Library items can also be returned to the library desk at any campus library during opening hours.
Exceptions include equipment such as iPad & laptops: iPads should be returned to the campus library from which it was originally borrowed. If you borrowed a laptop from the College, contact email@example.com to arrange for it to be returned or login to the I.T. Knowledge base for step-by-step instructions.
September is FINE-FREE!
During the month of September, you can return any items, no matter when they were borrowed, and you will not be charged any late or overdue fines.
In addition, the Libraries and Learning Centres will eliminate any existing late and overdue fines for all patrons in the hopes of alleviating any undue hardship.
Refer to the Returns & Fines section on our FAQ page for more information.
We will continue many of our supports online such as:
Virtual appointments for Tutoring, Study Skills and Math Help can be booked online.
Book a Peer Tutor to clear up any coursework confusion, connect with one of our Learning Strategists to start your semester off strong or find support at the Math Drop-in Centre. Once your appointment is booked, the facilitator will email you directly with further instructions and details.
Join our Learning Strategists at the Virtual Study Hall!
Find a safe and positive online space for yourself for some dedicated quiet study time. While you're there, connect with a Learning Strategist for a study habits "tune-up" or start from scratch and rev up your studying to the next level. Check out our current schedule!
• askON Research chat service – chat online with Library staff to get research help with term papers, assignments and other academic projects.
• Find a Library Research Guide specifically for your program or course assignments to jumpstart your research.
• Visit the Virtual Research Drop-in or book an appointment with a Librarian for 1on1 Research Support - Get help with hard to find resources or citation help for your assignments. Now available!
• Check out our extensive collection of video tutorials on making the most of your online research. Be sure to like & subscribe!
• Contact a librarian for personalized teaching or research assistance.
Can't make it on campus? No problem! Discover the many online resources available:
• "Search the Library Collections" search box - Type your topic into the search box to find articles, Open Access resources or videos.
• Course Reserves - Course reserves are class reading material available from the Library.
We will continue to fulfill any Interlibrary Loan (ILLO) requests for digital material to the best of our abilities and as per Copyright Law.
Online Tech Support @ the Library
Looking for help with software or applications like eCentennial, myCentennial, Microsoft Office and videoconferencing software? Explore our Tech Support library guide to walk you through the process.
And remember, we are here to help. Contact us! All Library and Learning Centre staff are available and ready to serve you. We are monitoring all of our services throughout the day and are available to answer your questions.
From all of the staff at the Libraries and Learning Centre, we thank you for your patience and resiliency during these unprecedented times. Please check the Libraries & Learning Centres and College websites for regular updates.