Now Hiring Learning Centre Peer Tutors
We are currently hiring Peer Tutors at our Progress, Ashtonbee, Morningside, and Story Arts Centre campus Learning Centres, as well as at the Pickering Learning Site. Please see the details below if you are interested in applying.
Job Title: Peer Tutor
Job Description: Peer tutors will help guide and support students' learning in a positive and patient manner by providing tutoring in program-specific courses.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Tutoring students, individually or in groups, in any program-specific courses in the Learning Centre
• Promoting the Learning Centre services to students and faculty through class visits, discussions with faculty, departments and college events, and distribution of marketing material
• Administrative duties, as required
• Completing mandatory orientation and tutor training sessions
• Must be a currently enrolled Centennial College student in good academic standing
• Above average grades in Centennial College courses (B+ or higher)
• Demonstrated tutoring skills and facilitation skills
• Ability to work independently in one-on-one and group instructional settings
• Excellent oral communication and fluency in English
• Patience, good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills essential
Hours of work: 10 hours per week, days and times will vary
Location: All Centennial College campuses
Rate of pay: $14.00 per hour, based on booked appointments
Application deadline: Ongoing until filled
How to apply: Apply online
*NOTE: Please submit your application and resume once. Not all inquiries will receive a response, and we will delete any duplications. We will only contact successful candidates for an interview.