Now Hiring Library Shelvers
Progress, Ashtonbee, and Morningside campuses are hiring Library Shelvers for the upcoming Fall 2019 semester. Please note that these positions are only available to students who qualify for Centennial's Work Study program. Read below for more information.
Library Shelver Position
Job Title: Library Shelver
Job Description: The Library Shelver assists in reshelving books and periodicals as well as maintaining the overall library appearance.
Number of Positions: 1-2 per campus
Date: Fall 2019 semester
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Sorting all books on the book carts into call number order and shelving them
• Shelving periodicals (magazines)
• Picking up books and magazines that are left on desks, tables or shelves and in the study rooms
• Ensuring books are all pulled to the front of their shelves, that library labels are intact, and that the shelves are neat when working in the stacks
• Doing periodic walks around all library areas to ensure all unused chairs are pushed in, paper picked up, and library items collected. This includes all study rooms and computer areas.
• Bringing up book returns from the 1st floor as required (Progress campus only)
• Assisting students in locating items and/or referring them to appropriate staff member(s)
• Must be a currently enrolled Centennial College student in good academic standing
• Qualify for work study funding
• Ability to learn library systems and procedures quickly
• Ability to perform moderate physical work
• Must be organized and have excellent attention to detail
Hours of Work: 7 hours/week, days and times will vary
Location: Progress, Ashtonbee, and Morningside Campuses
Rate of Pay: $14.21/hour
Application deadline: ASAP until filled
How to Apply: Drop off your résumé at your campus library.
*NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted.