Now Hiring Math Peer Tutors
We are currently hiring Math Peer Tutors at our Progress, Ashtonbee, and Morningside campus Learning Centres. Please see the details below if you are interested in applying.
Job Title: Math Peer Tutors (Progress/Ashtonbee/Morningside)
Number of Positions: 6
Job Description: Tutoring introductory and intermediate level Math to first and second year students.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Tutoring students, individually or in groups, in a variety of math courses such as technical, computer, business, nursing and/or statistics courses in the Math Drop-in Centre
• Promoting the Learning Centre's services to students and faculty through class visits, discussions with faculty, departments and college events, and distribution of marketing material
• Administrative duties as required
• Completion of mandatory Orientation and Tutor training sessions
• Must be a currently enrolled Centennial College student in good academic standing
• Above average grades in Centennial College Math courses (B+ or higher)
• Undergraduate degree in a math-related field (preferred)
• Demonstrated tutoring skills and facilitation skills
• Ability to work independently in one-on-one and group instructional settings
• Excellent oral communication and fluency in English
• Patience, good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills essential
Hours of Work: 10 hours/week, days and times will vary
Location: Progress/Ashtonbee/Morningside campuses
Rate of Pay: $14.00/hour
Application deadline: ASAP until filled
How to Apply:
Follow and complete all of the following steps to apply for this position.
1. Apply online: https://library.centennialcollege.ca/learningcentre/becomeatutor. In the “Experience” field, please indicate that you are applying for position: MTHPRO-001 (for Progress) and/or MTHASH-001 (for Ashtonbee) and/or MTHMORN-001 (for Morningside).
2. Email a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “MTHPRO-001” (for Progress) and/or MTHASH-001 (for Ashtonbee) and/or MTHMORN-001 (for Morningside).
*NOTE: Please submit your application and resume once. This is not a reply-to email address. All inquiries will not receive a response and any duplications will be deleted. Only successful candidates will be contacted.