Part-time Peer Tutors
The Library Learning Centres are always searching for potential candidates to become peer tutors every semester.
Why should I become a Peer Tutor?
- Gain valuable work experience on-campus
- Earn extra income while studying
- Strengthen your own subject knowledge
- Learn new skills
- Meet and help students within your program
- Flexible schedule
- Eligible leadership experience for Leadership Passport
Am I a good fit?
Check the following list of requirements that we consider:
- I have completed one semester of my program
- I have achieved an overall GPA of B+ or higher
- I can spare 4-10hours/week of my spare time and am committed to my responsibilities
- I can speak fluent English and am able to clearly convey thoughts and ideas in English
- I would like to gain valuable work experience helping others in a learning environment
- I have effective study habits and attend class regularly
- I am described by others as dependable and reliable
What are some of the expectations of a Peer Tutor?
- Peer tutors are hired to work for one semester
- Peer tutors are paid $12.00/hr based on booked appointments
- Peer tutors determine their own tutoring schedule and are expected to be on campus during those times
- Peer tutors are to attend all necessary orientation & training sessions
- Peer tutors must arrive on time for all appointments at the Learning Centre
- Peer tutors will help guide and support students' learning in a positive and patient manner
- Peer tutors will adhere and enforce College and Learning Centre policies and guidelines at all times
Apply on-line today!