3D Printing Policy
This document explains the terms and conditions for using the 3D printing service at the Progress Library. Before your items will be printed, you must agree to these terms and conditions, and agree not to hold Centennial Libraries responsible for any consequences arising from your misuse of the service.
These terms and conditions may be changed at a later date. Revisions to this policy will be noted on the library website.
In order to use the 3D printing service, users must:
- Be a student, faculty member, or employee of Centennial College.
- Have a library account in good standing — less than $5.00 outstanding.
Submissions will generally be printed on a first-come, first-serve basis in the order they are approved. However, certain submissions have greater priority, in the following order:
- Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services (ARIES) projects.
- Projects related to coursework at Centennial College.
- Other academic and personal projects.
Users are responsible for making any modifications to submitted designs — if users need to change their design, they must cancel their pending request, make any changes themselves, and resubmit. Examples of design modifications include:
- Adding or removing elements from the design.
- Increasing or decreasing the item size.
Staff will attempt to ensure submissions are printed successfully. However, Centennial Libraries does not guarantee:
- Successful printing of submitted designs.
- Printer error — staff will reprint the item at no additional cost.
- Flawed design — users are responsible, and no refunds will be issued.
- Printing and pickup dates for approved submissions.
The following limitations apply to all submitted jobs — exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Submitted jobs have a maximum size of 8” long x 8” wide x 6” high.
- Submitted jobs have a maximum print time of 4 hours.
- Users are limited to one submission per week.
Centennial Libraries reserves the right to refuse to print designs, but the following items will not be printed for any reason:
- Weapons or other objects that pose a threat to the well-being of others.
- Sexually explicit materials.
- Discriminatory or offensive materials.
Users must accept all responsibility for ensuring that their submission does not violate any of the following regulations:
- Canadian intellectual property legislation, including copyright, trademark, and patent laws — you must have permission to use submitted designs that are not your own.
- Centennial College policies, including but not limited to the Student Code of Conduct, the Acceptable Information Technology Use Policy, and the Intellectual Property Policy.
- Other municipal, provincial, or federal laws.
Users are responsible for paying for the materials used to print their design, plus a small modelling base and maintenance fee. Fees are subject to HST, and users must agree to the cost before printing will take place.
- Flat fee — $1.40
- Materials — $3.99 / cubic inch
Staff will contact users via email when items are ready, and charge library accounts when they arrive for pickup. Users must pay using cash, debit or credit payment methods at the library desk for items before release.
If users have not picked up items for 7 days after email confirmation is sent, their library accounts will be charged for the item — this may result in users losing borrowing privileges until they pay the outstanding balance.
If users have not picked up items for 21 days after email confirmation is sent, items become the property of Centennial Libraries and users remain responsible for paying for items.