Free tutoring services are for currently enrolled Centennial College students.
- To help you better prepare for tests and assignments that are graded in English, tutors will speak only in English during appointments.
- Please make your appointments in advance.
- Students can book up to 4 hours per week of Peer Tutoring and up to 2 hours per week of English Tutoring. Maximum appointment length is 1 hour. (Note that tutors may end your appointment 5-10 minutes early in order to complete session notes and prepare for their next appointment)
- Tutors are going to guide you; they will not do your work for you. During the session you will be expected to actively engage with your course content and assignments.
- Prepare for your appointments by doing all assignments on your own and by bringing any necessary materials (textbooks, graded assignments, graded test papers, etc.).
- Attend class regularly and keep up with all class assignments. Tutoring is not a substitute for class attendance.
- Tutors can help with courses in which you are currently enrolled. Tutors only assist with material that has been taught in class.
- Tutors are obligated to report any breach of Centennial’s Academic Honesty Policy.
- Peer Tutors will not do your homework or assignments and they do not edit or proofread.
- Tutors will end a session if guidelines are not being followed, or if students are not participating in a respectful manner (e.g., through aggressive or demeaning language, inappropriate remarks, demands or expectations, lack of focus on academic topics etc.).
- Tutors do not evaluate your papers and cannot estimate what grade you will receive on an assignment. Likewise, tutors do not evaluate the quality of your professor’s instruction. When in doubt, follow your professor's guidelines.
- If you cannot attend an appointment, please cancel it a minimum of 6 hours before your scheduled appointment online from the tutor booking system or by contacting the Learning Centre. Failure to provide 6 hours advance notice will result in a NO-SHOW.
- If you are late for your appointment by 15 minutes or more your tutor will not be available and this will be counted as a NO-SHOW.
- After 2 NO-SHOWS your tutoring privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the semester.
Please check your myCentennial email regularly for notifications and cancellations.