Become a Tutor
Each semester, the Library Learning Centres hire part-time Peer Tutors.
Why should I become a Peer Tutor?
- Gain valuable work experience on-campus
- Earn extra income while studying
- Strengthen your own subject knowledge
- Learn new skills
- Meet and help students within your program
- Flexible schedule
- Eligible leadership experience for Leadership Passport
Am I a good fit?
Check the following list of requirements that we consider and ensure they apply to you:
- I have completed one semester of my program.
- I have achieved an overall GPA of B+ or higher.
- I can spare four to 10 hours a week while remaining committed to my responsibilities.
- I can speak fluent English and am able to clearly convey thoughts and ideas in English.
- I would like to gain valuable work experience helping others in a learning environment.
- I have effective study habits and attend class regularly.
- Others describe me as dependable and reliable.
What are some of the expectations of a Peer Tutor?
- Peer tutors are hired to work for one semester.
- Peer tutors are paid $14 per hour based on booked appointments.
- Peer tutors determine their own tutoring schedule and are expected to be on campus during those times.
- Peer tutors are to attend all necessary orientation and training sessions.
- Peer tutors must arrive on time for all appointments at the Learning Centre.
- Peer tutors will help guide and support students' learning in a positive and patient manner.
- Peer tutors will adhere and enforce College and Learning Centre policies and guidelines at all times.