Become a Tutor
While the Learning Centre is not actively hiring at this time, we welcome you to submit your application now for future consideration. Thank you.
Each semester, the Library Learning Centres hire part-time Peer Tutors and Math Drop-in Centre Tutors.
Why should I become a Peer Tutor?
- Gain valuable work experience on-campus
- Earn extra income while studying
- Strengthen your own subject knowledge
- Learn new skills
- Meet and help students within your program
- Flexible schedule
- Eligible leadership experience for Leadership Passport
Responsibilities of a Peer Tutor
- Tutoring students, individually or in groups (in person or online when necessary)
- Promoting the Learning Centre's services to students and faculty through class visits, discussions with faculty, departments and college events, and distribution of marketing material
- Administrative duties as required
- Completion of mandatory orientation and tutor training sessions
- Must be a currently enrolled Centennial College student in good academic standing
- Above average grades in Centennial College courses (B+ or higher)
- Demonstrated tutoring skills and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently in one-on-one and group instructional settings
- Excellent oral communication and fluency in English
- Patience, good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills essential
- Up to 10 hours per week