Math Learning Strategies
Math learning strategies can help you study math more effectively.
You can meet online with a Math Learning Strategist to:
- Get tips and strategies for online math courses.
- Identify your math skills and learning style.
- Develop math strategies tailored to your unique learning style.
- Reduce your math anxiety.
- Learn tips and techniques to remember and retain math formulas and processes.
How to Book a Math Learning Strategies Online Appointment:
1. Login to the Tutor Booking System with your myCentennial ID and password in the appropriate box.
2 If it is your first time accessing the tutor booking system, you must register by filling out the registration form. You only have to register once. After logging in and registering, you will always be taken to the Home page.
3. In the first drop-down menu on the top, choose "Strategist - Study Skills and Math."
4. In the "Select your course" drop-down menu, choose "Math Study Skills - Online."
5. The time slots that are available for booking are highlighted in white. Click on the time slot you want to book.
6. Confirm the date and time in the appointment window. Appointments can be 30 minutes or 1 hour in length.
7. Specify what you need help with in the "What would you like to work on today?" space.
8. Click on "Save Appointment" to confirm the appointment.
9. Your appointment is now highlighted in yellow on the Strategist's schedule.
10. You will receive an email from the Math Learning Strategist with a link to access the online appointment. Math Learning Strategists will be using Microsoft Teams to virtually meet with students.
If you have trouble booking an online appointment, please send a detailed e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have completed a math test through the Assessment Centre for placement purposes, please contact a Math Learning Strategist via e-mail for math advising.
Visit the Math Advising Guide to find schedules and more information.